2 Days Lake Mburo National Park safari – Wildlife Tour
This 2 Days Lake Mburo National Park safari takes you to the smallest national park close to the Kampala city; located in Kiruhura District in western Uganda. The park is famously known for zebras. It was re-gazetted as a national park in 1986.
Lake Mburo is the only national park where one can enjoy a safari on foot. The other activities while in the park include horseback safaris, boat cruise, game drive, birding, sports fishing, and cultural tours. The park has some accommodations depending on your budget.
Day 1: Transfer to Lake Mburo national park
After breakfast, our guide from Twende Expeditions will pick you at the hotel and drive you towards Mbarara. Have a stopover at the Uganda Equator, take pictures and then proceed to the park. Check in your lodge, have lunch and then continue for a boat cruise to see hippos, crocodiles, and variety of bird species. Later take a short game drive. Dinner and overnight at Eagle’s Nest. (B.L.D)
Day 2: Safari on foot and transfer to Kampala
In the morning you can have breakfast at the lodge and join the ranger for a nature walk in the park, or you can enjoy a horseback safari for 4 hours with a bush breakfast. Lake Mburo is the only park in Uganda where one can have a safari on foot. Later return to Kampala and go on a shopping spree at the craft market. Depending on your departure time, our guide will transfer you to the airport in time to catch your flight back home.
End of the 2 Days Lake Mburo National Park safari.
- Ground transport per 4WD safari vehicle
- Services of an English-speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary, based on double room
- Three meals a day, apart from your stay in Kampala
- Drinking bottled water in the safari vehicle
- All Park entrance fees
- All the mentioned activities except for the optional ones.
- International flight
- Visa (USD 50 per person)
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- Items of personal nature
- Tips & laundry service
- All drinks apart from those served for breakfast
- First and last night’s accommodation in Kampala or Entebbe
- Any deviation from the suggested program