3 Days Chimpanzee Tour Nyungwe forest
3 Days Chimpanzee Tour Nyungwe forest. This safari takes you to one of the vast mountain rain forests in Rwanda and home to chimpanzees. Nyungwe forest is also home to a variety of monkey species among which includes; Angola colobus, red tailed and vevert monkeys.
Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe forest
After breakfast drive to Nyungwe forest national park via Butare, Gikongoro. Visit the Murambi genocide memorial center. Arrive in time for lunch and relax the rest of the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at Gisakura guesthouse.(B.L.D)
Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking
After an early breakfast, you will go for chimpanzee tracking in the forest. Nyungwe forest is a vast, mountain rain tropical forest over 1000 sq km in size. It is home to 13 primate species, over 275 bird species, 100
varieties of orchids. Return to the lodge for hot lunch. Dinner and overnight at Gisakura guesthouse (B.L.D).
Day 3: Transfer to Kigali
Finally after breakfast, begin your journey back to Kigali, enroute you will visit the Nyanza Royal Palace, Gisozi genocide memorial and the craft market. Have lunch and proceed to Kigali International airport to catch your flight back home.
End of 3 Days Chimpanzee Tour Nyungwe forest.
Price from $528 per person (minimum of 2 persons)
- Airport transfers
- Ground transport per 4WD safari vehicle
- Services of an English-speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary, based on double room
- Three meals a day, apart from where it is B.B
- Drinking bottled water in the safari vehicle
- All Park entrance fees
- Chimpanzee permit (USD $100 per permit in Rwanda)
- All mentioned activities except for the optional ones.
- International flight
- Visa (USD $ 50 per person)
- Meals and drinks not mentioned
- Items of personal nature
- Tips & laundry service
- All drinks apart from those served for breakfast
- Any deviation from the suggested program